Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

CBCC #21 - Inspiration

This week's CBCC challenge is to find inspiration from your favorite CD. "What music do you listen to while you stamp?" Courtney said to use that CD cover as inspiration for this week's card or project. Wellllll......... little does Courtney know that I don't listen to music. So, I changed it around a bit and found some inspiration from my latest DVD movie.



Can you guess what movie this might have been inspired by??? Hee hee heeeeeeee!




The Fairy Dust sentiment comes from Rubbernecker. I went on a buying spree last year when I met the Rubbernecker gang at a convention in San Antonio. I'm so glad I had a chance to use this stamp. It's such a cute and whimsical saying.

Look closely and you will see that all the papers are shimmery. The dark blue cardstock is Night Sky from PaperTrey Ink, and the cream paper is Poison Ivory shimmery cardstock. I wanted the green to shimmer also, so I found my old bottle of hairspray and silver Pearl Ex, shook it up, and sprayed the green cardstock.

For the sentiment, I stamped it first with Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate ink, let it dry, and then centered it inside a nestabilities die. After I cut it out, I sent it back through with the tan embossing mat to give me a raised edge. I used that raised edge as a guide for applying some Star Dust Stickles around it to sort of frame the sentiment. I used the swirls from the Beautiful set at Cornish Heritage Farms and stamped with with Vintage Cream ink (PTI). After that dried, I went over some of the larger swirls with Star Dust Stickles (my favorite!).

Well, I couldn't just leave it at that. So I Stickled some silver star brads and waited several hours for that to dry. In the meantime, I found some irridescent ribbon, and that provided a great finishing touch for this card. It turned out to be a shimmery and sparkly card in honor of Tinkerbell! :-)

Play along with us, and use keyword CBCC21 if you upload to SCS or PCP. Please check out what the rest of the Challenge Chicks have created:

Courtney Fowler
Chris Dickinson
Maria Fiscella
Lorie Ames
Danielle Marcus
Sarah Anderson
Sparkle Smith
Maria Gurnsey
Kim


Stamps: Fairy Dust (Rubbernecker), Beautiful (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Ink: Vintage Cream (PTI), Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate
CS: Poison Ivory, Night Sky (PTI), Garden Green
Other: irridescent ribbon, Star Dust Stickles, star brads, nestabilities, hairspray & silver Pearl Ex

9 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Girl, this is sooooo sweet! I love the colors, sparkle and your layout!! Shhh...I kind of like Tinker bell too!!! ;) Ever since I watched a making of the original Peter Pan and she thought her backside was big she had a place in my heart...LOL

Courtney said...

What??? No music? LOL!

I'm right there with you onthe DVD, girl. Cute, cute movie... and SUPER cute card!!!

Love it!

Anonymous said...

I would go crazy with no music, it usually plays all day!! Funny!! I don't know the last time I watched a movie that wasn't a kid one so I'm happy your dvd pick was one I can relate too :)
Love the card!!!

Kim said...

Holly what a sweet card! I love all the sparkle and shimmer!!!! So adorable!
Hugs~ Kim

Christi Flores said...

OMG I love this!! My aunt would go NUTS over this card!

Dani said...

Holy Glitter! Such a fun card, I just love it!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is darling! Gotta love Tink!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, Holly! Love how you spun the challenge around to fit a movie.

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo pretty, Holly....I love the colors and all the sparkle!!! Love the DVD you picked, too...gotta love that Tinkerbelle!!!