Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Belli Challenge #51 - Inky Fragments Tag



This week's Belli Challenge is to use your ink refills. The most obvious thing to do with ink refills is to watercolor an image. So I thought I'd try something different. Here, I've used alcohol inks to color the tag and the clear fragments.

It's mostly a trial and error thing. Sometimes I get too much color and it gets all muddy, and sometimes I don't get enough color. I actually tried several different combinations of colors before getting this result. You really just have to play with it to get a feel for it.

Just a note - regular dye ink refills will not work on these clear fragments. You will need to use the Ranger alcohol inks to get this effect. I stamped the butterflies and swirls with Black Stazon ink. Dye inks will not dry on the fragments.

This week we have a wonderful special Guest Designer joining the Belli Girls. Her name is Lee Murphy, and here is her blog. Go check out what she is doing!

Please play along with us, and use keyword CBC51 when you upload to SCS or PCP. Here is what the other Belli girls have done for you:

Shelly Koskinen
Jennifer Greco
Chris Dickinson
Christi Thorsen
Ceal Pritchett
Joan Ervin
Karen Gibson
Debby McGillivray




Stamps: Rubbernecker silhouette flower; Cornish Heritage Farms Beautiful, Vintage Butterfly, Inchie Style
Ink: Jet Black stazon, alcohol inks from Ranger
CS: white tag, glossy paper
Other: Tim Holtz fragments, black grosgrain ribbon, glossy accents, alcohol inks applicator, blending solution

10 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

WOW, Holly...this turned out sooo pretty!!! I just love the little tags and the super AWESOmE colors!!! Looks like all that play time payed off!!!

Danita said...

Holly, this is just GORGEOUS!!! Great job with these inks!!! Mine dont turn out like this lol. Such pretty colors and I love those fragments!!! Great job with this challenge!!!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh this is GORGEOUS! Love the colors you chose too...hmmm I do not think I have any Ranger inks...I might need to order some. LOL Thanks for playing in the challenge

Christi Flores said...

This is so pretty!! Wow!!!

Shelly Koskinen said...

That is so cool! I will have to try this out! Great job!

Krafting Karen said...

this is pretty and FUN Holly!

Debby said...

Very pretty Holly, I have never used Ranger Inks before.
Angel hugs
Debby

Lee said...

Very pretty!! I love the fragments design!!

Courtney said...

This is gorgeous, Holly!

Kim said...

Holly this is awesome! WOW! I have some fragments just laying around here...I betcha they would LOVE to look like yours! :) What a STUNNING piece of art! Gorgeous!
hugs~ Kim