Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

CBCC #22 - sketch challenge



Today's CBCC Challenge is a sketch challenge. When I saw the little circles at the bottom, I really had to think about what to put there. I finally decided to use my Spellbinders Petite Rose Border die cut set. I cut out 3 of the little rose circles and embossed them with the tan mat. To color the roses, I left the cardstock inside the die after embossing. It makes a perfect stencil for coloring. Here, I used my Stampin Up chalks for a nice soft touch of color.

Come play along with us. I'd love to see what you create with this sketch. :-)

Courtney Fowler
Chris Dickinson
Maria Fiscella
Lorie Ames
Danielle Marcus
Sarah Anderson
Sparkle Smith
Maria Gurnsey
Kim

Stamps: Heart from the Heart
Ink: Cocoa, Old Paper distress ink
CS: Cameo Coral, Vanilla
DSP: Lily Kate (Basic Grey), Close to Cocoa dsp
Other: chalks, nestabilities, Petite Rose Border die, sponge, kraft tafetta ribbon

10 comments:

Christi Flores said...

Beautiful!!! I love that color combo!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors you choose! great card :)

Kim said...

Holly that is adorable! I love your roses...they are gorgeous!
Hugs~ Kim

Sparkplug17 said...

Your card is very pretty!

Dani said...

So pretty! I love the colors, great job! :)

Courtney said...

This is just too stinkin' pretty!

Lorie said...

This is fantastic! Just lovely!

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo pretty, Holly!!! I love the great sketch and your choice of stamps and colors makes for one fabulous design!!!

Chrissy D said...

Gorgeous girl! This is soooo pretty!

Anonymous said...

Holly - this is gorgeous! The colors, the chalking...love it all.