Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Smiles and Laughter



Three of us got together tonight to stamp, and Danita challenged us to work on this week's Basic Grey challenge. I had been gone all day so I didn't have much mojo flowing tonight. I kept mine super simple, painting crackle paint on the chipboard and stamping on some Basic Grey paper that matched the colors in the dsp that I chose (Urban Prairie). The Ranger distress crackle paint in Broken China is a very good match for the blue in this Urban Prairie paper.

After I finished this card, Danita and Chris said that it might have looked better with a solid black ribbon. Possibly so, but I'm too tired to go back and change it. LOL Nighty night!

Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
CS: Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black, Urban Prairie Basic Grey dsp
Other: Paper Studio chipboard, dotted black ribbon, Broken China distress crackle paint, pinking shears

7 comments:

Danita said...

Its a beauti-monious card Holly!!!
I love how the blue flower does match with the blue in the paper!!!
You did a great job with this challenge!!!

Gayatri said...

Excellent card. great take on the challenge.

Heather said...

Wonderful card and I love the crackle paint on your chipboard (must get me some of that !!)
Thanks for playing this week.
hugs Heather xx

Jo Nevill said...

Fantastic card, I love the BG papers you have used and the crackle paint - I'll share Rica's 'cause I want some too !!!! Thank you for joining us in our challenge this week.

Jo x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! I love the crackle paint on the flower!

Joan Ervin said...

This turned out gorgeous, Holly...I love the BG papers you used and the flower looks fabo!!!

Chris said...

It's beautiful Holly even if you think you were a bit mojoless! Love how you painted the chipboard, I'm with the others on this one and must get some, the blue is absolutely perfect for the paper. Beautiful! Chris