Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2024

Postage Mum Hello


Good morning!  I'm back with another card that I created with the new Chrysanthemum Set stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.  This stencil is on sale for only $4 until August 22, so now's the time to grab it while you can get it for this great price.  You can also use this code, HollyFan10, to save an extra 10% off that sale price, so don't delay!

For my card today, I wanted to see how this sweet mum would look with the Postage Stamp stencil.  I began by placing the 3.5" Postage Stamp stencil onto some white cardstock, and I lightly brushed a soft blue all over the open area.  While this Postage Stamp stencil was still in place, I placed the medium size flower on the Chrysanthemum Set stencil over the inky blue area and I brushed some green ink over the stem and some bright pink ink over the petals.  I carefully removed both stencils and stamped the "hello" sentiment (Ink Blot Shop) with black ink in the upper left corner of this postage stamp.  This stenciled panel was then matted with a bright pink layer and then affixed to a white card base.

This is so sweet, and I can see a whole rainbow of cards just like this with all the different colors of mums on them.  Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, to save on all the stencils, stamps, and Card Bling at A Colorful Life Designs.  




 

No comments: