Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Amazing Dotted Lines in Watercolor


Good morning!  There is a new release over at A Colorful Life Designs, and I had SO much fun playing with these new stencils this month!  I was immediately drawn to this new Dotted Lines stencil, and I wanted to see how it looked in watercolor.  Before I could start painting, I had to actually stencil the panel first.

So, I placed the Dotted Lines stencil over some watercolor paper, and then I sponged some Versamark over the entire panel.  I carefully removed the stencil, covered the paper with some white embossing powder, tapped off the excess powder, and then melted it with a heat tool.  Then I pulled out some liquid watercolors (pale pink and a pinky/orange color) and alternated the colors for each "line."  While this stenciled panel was drying, I die cut the "you" from watercolor paper and painted that with the pinky/orange watercolor.  I die cut a circle from white cardstock, stamped the "are amazing!" with black ink, and then glued the watercolored "you" above the stamped sentiment (Hero Arts).  The stenciled panel was adhered to a white card and then I glued the sentiment circle to the center of the panel.

I love how this turned out, and it's a different look for this stencil.  Check out the great new May release and be sure to use this code, HollyFan10, to save 10% off your entire order (excluding Master Creator Bundles).  Grab this Dotted Lines stencil and put it into your cart along with all the other fabulous stencils that catch your eye.  The Master Creator Bundles have been split up into three bundles - Backgrounds, Cats, and Dogs.  You can pick and choose which bundle(s) you need!  Don't forget about the new Card Bling - it's so gorgeous!  You can get all 12 new colors at a special price for just this week AND you can use my code, HollyFan10, to save another 10% off this Card Bling special.  I'll be back tomorrow with a fun card that uses five of these new colors.  Have a wonderful day!









 

No comments: