Pages

Tuesday, January 30, 2024

TLC988 Embossed Feather Fire


Good morning, y'all!  Today I'm sharing a card I made for yesterday's TLC (Technique Lover's) challenge over on SCS.  My friend Karen came up with an awesome technique combining embossing folders and stencils, and it's so fun and easy.

First, I ran a panel of white cardstock through my machine with an old embossing folder from Martha Stewart.  Karen's instructions said to place your stencil over the embossed side, but I wanted to see how it looked on the other side (the debossed side).  I'm a rebel!  LOL  I placed the Feather Fire stencil from A Colorful Life Designs down on the debossed panel and brushed some yellow and green inks over the whole piece.  After I removed the stencil, I lightly sprayed it with some gold glitter spray.

The sentiment, from the Amazing set at A Colorful Life Designs, was stamped with a dark black ink and affixed with some foam tape.  The embossed and stenciled panel was glued down to a white card and it's ready for mailing after I write a note inside.

Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  You can pick up this Feather Fire stencil and the Amazing stamp set and get 10% off when you use my code (HollyFan10).  If you have embossing folders and stencils in your stash, give this technique a try and share with us over on SCS.  We'd love to see what you create!


 

No comments: