Pages

Monday, January 15, 2024

Big Wing Hugs






Good morning!  It is freezing here in Texas, and we will be below freezing temps all week.  Brrrrrrr!  I'm ready for some spring weather!

Today I'm sharing the second card that I created with the new Wing Close Up stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.  This is a gorgeous stencil and I wanted to use it in a way that would show off the beautiful iridescence that you see on dragonfly wings.  I brushed some pale blue and green inks over the stencil onto some white cardstock first.  While the stencil was still taped down, I then spread some iridescent paste (Picket Fence Studios) over the entire piece.  Then I removed the stencil and let the panel dry completely.  Meanwhile, I brushed some blue ink onto a scrap piece of white cardstock and then covered it with the same iridescent paste and set it aside to dry.  When this blue piece was completely dry, I die cut the sentiment, glued it to a vellum shadow, and affixed it to the wing background.  This panel was then adhered to a white card base.

Please use this code, HollyFan10, to help save some money when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  You will save 10% off your entire order, excluding bundles, so grab this new Wing Close Up stencil.  Check out all the great January release stencils and all the fun new Card Bling.  Most importantly, stay warm and cozy and drink lots of hot chocolate during the Arctic blast this week.  





 

No comments: