Pages

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Golden Pinecone Ornament - BYSHC Linky Party


Good morning!  I'm back with another Christmas card to share with the Linky party going on over at the BYSHC blog.  This is a fun way to get started on your Christmas stash before the big holiday rush at the end of the year.  Just make a card (or two, or three!) and link it up on the BYSH Cardmakers blog before the deadline and you might win a prize.




For my card today, I pulled out an older stencil from A Colorful Life Designs called Christmas Trio.  There are three Christmas images on this stencil, so I masked off two of them and placed the pinecone image over some gold cardstock that I had already cut with an ornament die.  I spread some golden brown glitter paste over the pinecone stencil, removed the stencil (and washed it in the sink), and let the paste dry.  Meanwhile, I ran some dark brown cardstock through an embossing folder that has pine branches on it.  I trimmed this piece down and added a cream layer behind this before I glued it to a deep merlot card base.  After my stenciled ornament was dry, I used a red Copic marker to add some color to the berries.  I used some deep merlot silk ribbon to tie a bow around the top of my ornament, and then I adhered the ornament to my card.

Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, to save 10% when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  There are hundreds of Christmas stencils that are perfect for helping you build up your stash.  You can also use the Search tool (upper right on home page) to look for stencils with snowflakes, stars, trees, deer, ornaments, and anything else you may be interested in.  Have a wonderful day!



 

5 comments:

Von Marie said...

Holly!!! This card is stunning!!!! I love it!! Thank you for linking it up!! Hugs!!

Wilma DeG said...

What beautiful and elegant card!

corysnana said...

What a pretty card!! Love the colors and design.

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Gorgeous card, Holly! I love the rustic colors and the beautiful ornament shape! Thanks for playing along with the Spring into Christmas {BYSHC} Linky Party!

Jacinda said...

Such a gorgeous, elegant card! Love it