Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Making Spirits Bright


Good morning!  Today I'm sharing a quick and easy Christmas card I created with the new Layered Holly Wreath stencils from A Colorful Life Designs.  This stencil set comes with two stencils - one is the leaves and the other is the berries.  This allows you to easily use different colors for the leaves and berries with no worries about them coloring over each other.

I cut some white cardstock to 4.25" x 11" and folded it in half to make it a top-folding A2 sized card (4.25"x5.5").  Then I placed the leafy stencil from the Layered Holly Wreath set down on the upper part of the card and blended some deep green ink over that.  I removed the leafy stencil and placed the berry stencil from the set so the berries would nestle into the edges of the leaves.  I brushed some bright red ink over the stencil and removed the stencil.  I stamped the sentiment with the same bright red ink and cut it out with a circle die, and then I cut out a slightly larger circle die from red cardstock.  After I glued the sentiment to the red circle, I adhered it to the center of the stenciled wreath.

I love the clean look of this card.  And it's flat so it will be easy to mail - bonus!  :-)  

Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  You can save 10% off this Layered Holly Wreath set as well as all of the other stencils in the store.  Check out this month's awesome new stencils HERE and browse around in the Patterns Category HERE.  It's fun to look around the different categories - you never know what must-have stencils you'll find.  Have a wonderful day!
 

 

No comments: