Pages

Monday, September 5, 2022

Fall is in the Air - BTB #69


Good morning!  If you've been stamping as long as I have, you might remember these little shimmery pots of goodness called Twinkling H2O's.  This week's Beyond the Blue challenge #69 is to use a retro tool or embellishment, so I pulled out my neglected stash of Twinks and a really old die.  I used an old leafy die from Taylored Expressions (it's so old it has those anchor holes on the sides to mark your spot) and cut out a bunch of leafy branches from watercolor paper.

After I dropped some water into these pots of Twinks, I randomly brushed the colors onto my die cut leaves.  While I waited for these to dry, I stamped and cut the sentiment (Honey Bee Stamps) and cut my card base from kraft cardstock.  I glued down the dry leafy branches and then splattered some of the dark brown Twinkling H2O color over the card before I adhered the sentiment.

Honestly, this was so much fun!  I used two very old stamping supplies from my stash (the leafy die and the Twinks), and now I wanna pull out the rest of my Twinkling H2O's and play with them again.  Take a look through your supplies and play along with our challenge.  We'd love to see what your retro supply is!  

 

No comments: