Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2024

Tulips to a Special Person


Good morning!  I've been busy this week working on scrapbook pages for a month-long class, and it's been a fun challenge.  I've learned some new things and used supplies that I haven't touched for years, so it's been a great new mental exercise for me.  

To get back into my comfort zone - card making - I pulled out this gorgeous Layered Tulip Trio stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.  I placed the stencil onto a white card and brushed some bright pink ink over the tulip petals first.  Then I removed the stencil and repositioned it so the leaves and stems would line up under my bright pink petals.  I brushed a light green ink over all of the leaves and stems, and then I went back over with a small brush and some darker ink to provide a little shading.  I really didn't want to cover up these gorgeous flowers, so I added a small black sentiment strip that was embossed with white powder (Hero Arts).  Those bold tulip petals make such a striking impact on this card, don't they?

Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, to save 10% off your entire order (excluding Master Creator Bundles) at A Colorful Life Designs.  Check out all the great stencils in the March 2024 release and pop this Layered Tulip Trio stencil into your cart.  This code - HollyFan10 - also works on the Card Bling, so stock up on those colors that you have your eye on.  Have a great day!






 

No comments: