Pages

Friday, June 16, 2023

Butterfly Script Canvas



Good morning!  I'm back to share another project I created with the new Script stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.  This Mid Month Motivation stencil is on sale for only $4 until June 22, so now is the time to grab it.  You can also use my code, HollyFan10, to help save 10% off everything in your cart, excluding bundles.

I decided to try my hand at creating a mixed media canvas, so first I placed the Script stencil onto a small 4" square canvas and spread some white paste over the stencil.  After that dried, I glued some clay pieces to the top of the canvas and let that dry before I brushed black gesso over the whole thing.  Then I pulled out some purple and blue sprays and just randomly sprayed the colors over the canvas, letting the ink pool here and there.  After all the ink was completely dry, I rubbed some silver wax just across the tops of all the different surfaces to highlight those areas.  I also spread some glittery Stickles with my finger in random areas.  It's so hard to capture the sparkle, but there is a closeup picture below.  You can really see the features of that stenciled Script where the blue and purple inks pool around it.  I love this stencil and it's so perfect for mixed media pieces like this!

You can find the Script stencil HERE, and all of the June stencils are HERE.  I hope you have fun shopping!  Remember to use my code, HollyFan10, to help you save money at A Colorful Life designs.  Happy Friday!

 

No comments: