Pages

Saturday, March 4, 2023

You Make My World Happy


Good morning!  If you've been reading my blog this week, you might have noticed that I've been using watercolor powders on all my new release projects this month.  I've just had so much fun making a mess with these powders, and today's card is no exception.  I think this one might be the wildest of them all.  Hahaha!

I placed the gorgeous new Kaleidoscope Flower from A Colorful Life Designs over some watercolor paper and taped it down to my glass mat.  Then I spread some white stencil paste over the stencil, carefully lifted it up, and let the paste dry completely.  Then I pulled out some Colorburst powders (Orchid and Fuchsia), sprinkled them all over the paper, and misted them with water.  The colors just exploded after the water hit them, and I let the colors pool and run and blend.  After the panel dried completely, you can see how the colors settled down into the paper so you can see the beautiful stenciled flower.  I love that wild fusion of the reds, pinks, and purples all over this card - it really does befit the Kaleidoscope name of this stencil.  I adhered this panel to a card base and added the die cut and stamped sentiments.  Those red sequins are from the fun little packages of Card Bling that came with my order from A Colorful Life Designs (if you need another reason to go shopping hee hee hee!).

Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  You'll save 10% off your entire order (excluding bundles), so go check out the great new stencils that were released this month.  You can find the Kaleidoscope Flower stencil HERE, and if you're looking for more floral stencils, you can browse through all of them HERE.  If you've come here from my Instagram post, please be sure to leave a comment on Instagram and go through the rest of the hop in order to be entered into the giveaway.  Have a wonderful day!




 

No comments: