Pages

Friday, May 27, 2022

Grunge-style Drippy Butterfly


Good morning!  I'm here with a grunge-style card featuring the Drippy Butterfly stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.  I used the mask (the solid butterfly that is cut out from the center of the stencil) and placed it some patterned paper.  Then I brushed some brown ink around the mask so you can see the outline of the drippy butterfly.  Isn't that a cool effect?

I added the sentiment from Honey Bee Stamps and then I decided to add some seam binding to the side.  I wanted it to be a brownish color, so I used the same ink that I brushed around the butterfly and smooshed it onto my glass mat.  I spritzed the seam binding with water first, and then I dragged it through the puddle of brown ink on the glass mat.  After I scrunched it up in my hands, I set it aside to dry.  I like that rustic, grungy, distressed look.

Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, when you shop for stencils at A Colorful Life Designs.  There's hundreds of great stencils ready for you to play with, including this wonderful Drippy Butterfly that I used today.  Have a wonderful day!


 

No comments: