Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2022

Daffodil Hugs


Hi sweet friends!  I'm back with another post today because I just finished this card for the new Power Poppy challenge.  Yes, Power Poppy challenges are back!!  This month they want us to use May Flowers, so I went searching through my stash of clear Power Poppy stamps and found this one that has some daffodils in it.  This is from the Daffodils set (see note below) and the sentiment is from the Nice Things to Say set.  I colored the flowers with Copic markers in some soft spring-like pastel colors and then cut it out with an arch die.  I added some ribbon and some glittery dots from a hodgepodge stash that my mom gave me.

It was so much fun to pull out my Power Poppy stamps and breathe some life into them again.  I can't wait to see what the next challenge will be!


Edited to add:  Hmmmm... I can't find Daffodils in the store, but there is a digital stamp called Dancing with Daffodils that looks just like this clear stamp.  The bonus of digital stamps is that you can make the image as big as you want it.  As you can see, the actual stamped image is pretty darn tiny and I had to be extra careful while I was coloring those teeny little leaves and petals.  Time for me to go shopping!!  LOL



 

2 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Holly! This is so lovely! I love this image so much. It’s still alive, just not in the polymer form right now. I love your delicated colouring and framing with the arched die. Gorgeous design! We’re so happy you could pull out the Power Poppy images again too! Thanks so much for joining us at The Blossom Challenge!

PS....since I see you’re in touch with Liz Williams, would there be any way you could pass along to her that I am unable to comment on her lovely card on her blog! I appreciate it!

Leslie Miller said...

This has always been one of my favorite Power Poppy stamps and you used it beautifully on your card! Love the arch and all that wonderful yellow. Beautiful coloring! I still have all my PP clear stamps plus a bazillion digis and I love them all!