Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Oh Christmas Tree


Good morning!  It's a cool, brisk, and breezy morning here, and I can almost believe the holidays are coming.  I'm still making Christmas cards so I will have plenty to send out to friends and family in a few short weeks.  One of the cards I made recently is this quick and easy Christmas tree card.  This is just one piece of white cardstock folded in half - that's it.  This one will be super easy to mail!

I started with a white cardstock, 4.25"x11, folded in half.  I placed the new Christmas Tree Edger 1 stencil from A Colorful Life Designs about 2/3rds of the way up the card.  I then inked up my blender brush very lightly with some Rustic Wilderness distress ink and very lightly applied the ink over the stencil.  I picked up the stencil, moved it slightly over to the left, and placed it just under the first row of green trees.  I brushed some more ink over this second row, making this one just a little bit darker than the first row.  I repeated these steps for the next three rows, moving the stencil left or right and adding more color to each row as I went down the card.

The sentiment from Technique Junkies was stamped at the top with the same green ink.  Once everything was dry, I sprayed over the whole piece with an iridescent glitter spray.  It's very hard for the camera to pick that up, but there is a subtle glittery sheen on this card.

Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  You will save 10% off your entire order, so have fun shopping!

 

No comments: