Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Let it Snow Village


Good morning!  I just saw on the news today that there is snow in Montana and Wyoming and Idaho, so how about I share a snowy card with y'all this morning?  :-)

I used a new stencil set from A Colorful Life Designs called Village Edger 1.  There are two pieces in this set - the general outline (top half) and the mask with the windows (bottom half).  I used the general outline to sponge the gray houses onto my white cardstock first.  Then I placed the mask over my gray houses and used a little sponge dauber to carefully ink up the black windows.  While this mask was in place, I also brushed on some blue ink for the sky.

To give this a fun snowy look, I pulled out the Falling Snow stencil and sponged white ink all over the piece.  You can't see it very well in the blue sky, but the snow really shows up against the gray and black of the houses.  I added the die cut sentiment from Elizabeth Craft Designs to the top of the card.

Feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, to save 10% when you shop for stencils at A Colorful Life Designs.  There's so many fun stencils to choose from, so take your time and have fun shopping!  Have a great day!





 

No comments: