Pages

Friday, March 19, 2021

Beyond the Blue #8 - Gel Impressionism Daisies


 Good morning, everyone!  I'm back with a card for this week's Beyond the Blue challenge.  This time we are using our gel presses to create an Impressionism style piece.  See the mottled and watery look of my card above?  Doesn't that remind you of the paintings by Monet or Renoir?

I started by smooshing some Distress Oxide inks onto my gel press.  I used (top to bottom) Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, and Rustic Wilderness oxide inks.  Then I inked up my Dancing Daisies stamp from Penny Black with Blue Belle Versafine Clair ink.  I gently pressed this onto my gel press and then carefully lifted it off.  Then I misted the gel press with some rubbing alcohol and pulled a print.  When I say I pulled a print, that means that I placed my paper on top of my gel press, rubbed it all over with my hands, and then slowly pulled the paper off.

I discovered that if I sprayed too much alcohol onto the inks, it made the inks fade and bleed.  The trick is to very lightly mist with alcohol.  You want just enough to activate the inks but not enough to make them bleed and run all over.  

I hope you will play along with us over on the Beyond the Blue blog.  We'd love to see what you create with these fun techniques!

Stamps - Dancing Daisies (Penny Black), Hugs sentiment (Hero Arts)
Distress Oxide inks - Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Rustic Wilderness
Versafine Clair ink - Blue Belle
 

No comments: