Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2021

Beyond the Blue #6 - Glitter Paint Vines


 Good morning!  I'm back with another gel press creation for this week's Beyond the Blue challenge.  I made a bunch of gel press prints for this challenge because I was having so much fun.  But instead of adding the alcohol ink in the last step, this time I decided to try something different.  I covered my print with a turquoise glitter paint.  All of the white areas from the stenciled gel print are now turquoise from the glitter paint.  

I used the gorgeous Silhouette Floral stencil from A Colorful Life Designs on this card.  I started by brayering some acrylic paints onto my gel press, then I placed the Silhouette Floral stencil over the paint.  I carefully placed my paper over the stencil and rubbed my fingers all over the paper to pick up the paint in the open areas of the stencil.  After I pulled the paper off, I set it aside to dry.  While it was drying, I went through my stash and found some turquoise glitter paint.  I dipped a brush into the paint and brushed it all over my print and set that aside to dry.  This paint happened to be transparent, which is what you need so you can still see the gel press print underneath.  

Go check out this fun challenge over on the Beyond the Blue blog.  I have one more card to share with y'all tomorrow using this week's technique with my own little twist on it.  :-)

Silhouette Floral stencil - https://acolorfullifedesigns.com/silhouette-floral/  (Use code HollyFan10 to save 10% when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs)

No comments: