Pages

Friday, March 5, 2021

Beyond the Blue #6 - Floral Alcohol Hello


 There's a new challenge up over on the Beyond the Blue blog today.  This week's challenge is all about doing Negative Space Monoprints with a gel press and a stencil.  I brayered some paint onto my gel press and then pressed the gorgeous Feathery Leaves stencil from A Colorful Life Designs onto the paint.  I carefully placed my paper over the stencil and used my fingers to rub it all over, making sure to pick up all the paint in the open areas of the stencil.

After I pulled the first print, I placed another sheet of paper on the gel press to pull a second print.  This second pull will usually pull all the paint off, but sometimes there's just a bit left over for a third pull.  I only did two prints with this particular session.  

After pulling most of the paint off my gel press, I covered the gel press with some yellow alcohol ink, very quickly brayered it into an even layer, and quickly placed my first pulled print onto the gel press.  All of the areas that had been covered with the stencil were white after the initial pull, and now those white areas are a gorgeous shade of creamy yellow.  

This technique is a lot of fun.  You don't have to do the alcohol ink part at the end.  I chose to do it because I wanted some color instead of all that white space.  I have a few more prints that I did with this technique, so stay tuned and I'll share those with you over the next few days.  :-)

Come play along with this fun challenge from Beyond the Blue!

Feathery Leaves stencil - https://acolorfullifedesigns.com/feathery-leaves/   (Use code HollyFan10 to save 10% when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.)

No comments: