Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Double Glittered Happy Flowers Birthday

 


Good morning!  I'm sharing this super glittery birthday card with y'all today.  We all know someone who is "so extra," right?  This card would be perfect for that person!  LOL

I used the cute new Happy Flowers stencil from A Colorful Life Designs to create this glittery background.  I started by cutting a piece of white cardstock to 5" x 3.75" and then I placed it onto a sheet of double-sided adhesive.  After I cut the panel from the adhesive sheet, I set it aside to prepare my stencil.  

I placed the Happy Flowers stencil onto my work table and rubbed a bar of coconut soap all over the back of the stencil.  After the entire stencil was covered with the soap, I removed the liner from the adhesive on my white cardstock and placed the stencil soap-side-down onto the adhesive.  I used my fingers to press the stencil down onto the adhesive to ensure good contact around the openings.

Now the fun part began!  I picked out a cute pink glitter and sprinkled it over the stencil.  Then I used my fingers to rub the pink glitter into the openings of the stencil where the adhesive was exposed.  After all the stencil openings were filled with the pink glitter, I brushed off all the excess glitter and then used my fingers to burnish the glitter into the adhesive.

Now to the nerve-wracking part - removing the stencil!  This is why you rub soap all over the back - to make sure you can peel the stencil off the adhesive.  So I grabbed one end of the stencil and slowly and carefully peeled the stencil off of the adhesive.  Now the rest of the adhesive was exposed, so I covered the entire thing with a white glitter, pressing all the glitter down with my fingers.  After I burnished the glitter into the adhesive, I brushed off all the excess glitter.  I did not want to cover up all that gorgeous glitter, so I added a stamped sentiment from Ink Blot Shop to the card.

This soaping and glittering technique is one that I used waaaaaay back when metal stencils were all the rage.  I wanted to see if I could apply it to these plastic stencils, and I'm happy to say it worked beautifully.  Think about all the great stencils from A Colorful Life Designs and how you can use this soaping and glittering technique with those.  Wouldn't that be fun??  

To help you save money, please use this code, HollyFan10, when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  You'll save 10% off your entire order, so have fun shopping!


No comments: