Pages

Friday, May 14, 2021

Beyond the Blue #16 - Striped Hugs


This week's Beyond the Blue challenge is a little bit different.  The video that we're referencing today has several techniques built into it, so you have a choice of making a shaker card or creating some die cut words using strips of cardstock.  As you can see, I decided to try the strips of cardstock today.

My mother has been giving me tons of her old stamping supplies, and one day she handed me a huge box of cardstock.  There were all kinds of colors, some full sheets, some scraps.  I've been going through that stash and there were some beautiful blue colors that worked great for an ombre style card.  So I pulled out those little bits of blues and cut teeeeeny little strips from these, glued them down onto some scrap cardstock, and then die cut the "hugs."  The background die was cut from kraft cardstock to provide some contrast to the striped sentiment.

To add a bit of interest to the background behind the sentiment, I pulled out the Shimmering Rays stencil from A Colorful Life Designs (use code HollyFan10 to save 10%) and very softly brushed some ink onto the medium blue cardstock.  I glued that to the darkest blue cardstock and then added those teeeny little strips of kraft cardstock on the sides.  The card base is the pale blue cardstock.  I know it looks white, but it's actually the palest blue color from the striped sentiment.

Check out the artwork on the Beyond the Blue blog and play along in this challenge.  If you are really adventurous, do both - make a shaker card with a die cut sentiment made from strips of cardstock.  That would be a fun challenge!!  :-)


 

No comments: