Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Live Life in Full Bloom


I had some scraps left over on my table and I decided to use them up before I lost them in a pile of other papers somewhere.  LOL  So I glued down the green cardstock and the triangles of the pink patterned paper, and then I looked around for some stamps that would work with these papers.  I settled on a couple of stamps from Technique Junkies - In Full Bloom Sentiments set and Spring Flowers.  I stamped the Spring Flowers with a soft pink ink onto some cream cardstock, and then I stamped the sentiment from In Full Bloom with a darker pink ink.  I cut it out with an oval die and then brushed some kraft ink around the edges before distressing with a distress tool.

If you look closely at the green rectangle under the oval, you'll see some very faded dots.  I used the Texture Dots stencil (A Colorful Life Designs) with some Peeled Paint Distress Oxide ink and the ink blending brushes just for a soft texture.  It just need a little bit of stenciling to differentiate it from the green background underneath.  The Texture Dots stencil is perfect for little applications like that.  

I hope this inspired you to use up some of your scraps you have on your stamp table.  It's fun to see what happens when you put some random supplies together.  Feel free to use my discount code - TJ10Holly - when you shop at Technique Junkies.  You'll save 10% off your entire order, so have fun shopping for stamps, stencils, Shimmering Bliss, and Distress Oxide inks!  :-)





 

No comments: