Pages

Saturday, October 19, 2019

Deckled Window with Leaves


I created this card a while back and just found it hiding under a pile of UFO's in the studio.  You know what UFO's are, right?  Un-Finished Objects.  I have a ton of UFO's scattered all over the studio.  I tend to work in spurts and some days I might make a bunch of backgrounds, some days I might play with my gel press, and some days I might have 37 different things in various stages of drying.

This card was my first time playing with the Marvelous Masks Deckled Rectangle stencils from A Colorful Life Designs.  I taped the 4" stencil down over some white cardstock and very lightly brushed some Altenew inks into the opening (Lagoon, Teal Cave, Deep Iris).  I built up the colors very gradually to achieve that seamless blending.  While the stencil was still in place, I stamped the silhouette leaves (Floral Shadow from Altenew) across the top and the sentiment at the bottom with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink.

Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  You'll save money and get some awesome new stencils.  Come on back in a couple of days to see a fun Christmas card that I created with a new holiday stencil.  Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: