Pages

Friday, April 2, 2021

Beyond the Blue #10 - Oxided Imagination

Are you ready for a new Beyond the Blue challenge?  This week's challenge (#10) is Wrinkle Free Distress Oxide Background.  Trust me when I say this one is fun, easy, and colorful!

I grabbed three distress oxide ink pads - Twisted Citron, Picked Raspberry, and Mermaid Lagoon.  I smooshed the Citron and the Raspberry on my craft mat, misted with water, and dipped my watercolor paper into the inks.  Note - I did NOT put down any blue ink yet.  Just the pink and green were smooshed first.  When I had a good amount of ink on my paper, I cleaned up the craft mat, and then I smooshed the Mermaid ink onto the mat and misted with water.  My paper was still a bit wet from the first dippings into the pink and green inks, and that worked in my favor to help the inks blend a bit better.

When I was happy with the colors and the amount of inks on my paper, I set it aside to dry.  I found some very old Tim Holtz stamps in my stash and stamped those on my panel with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink.  I used my heat tool to help dry this black ink before I adhered it to a card.  

Check out the Beyond the Blue blog and play along with us.  We'd love to see your colorful creations!



No comments: