Pages

Friday, July 26, 2019

My Kind of Crazy


Do you have that one friend that is as crazy as you?  I think we all do, and this card will be perfect to send to my sweet, goofy, nutty, and crazy friend.  I started by placing the Indian Blanket stencil from A Colorful Life Designs over some white cardstock and then I brushed three different colors over the stencil.  I used Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green, and Mango Melody inks from Stampin Up and I love how they blended together and created darker tones of the original colors.

I cut out the sentiment from the matching Mango cardstock and glued it to another piece that was cut from white cardstock.  If you look closely, you can see that I offset the two die cuts.  I wanted to give it that slight shadow effect and I wanted to help this stand out from my colorful background.

Don't you just love that quilt pattern?  Just think of all the different colors you could use.  Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder how this would look with Christmas colors and a holiday sentiment.  That would be so neat!  I'll have to play with that this weekend.  Enjoy!

Use code HollyFan10 when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  You'll save some money and get some great new stencils to play with. 

No comments: