Pages

Friday, July 5, 2019

Let the Sea Set You Free


I've got a very sparkly and glittery card to share with y'all today.  There's no such thing as too much sparkle, right?  With that in mind, I went crazy with some new glitter paint and this gorgeous Set You Free stencil from A Colorful Life.  

The layout of the mermaid and the sentiment on the stencil is just a teeny bit too tall for a regular card, so I had to do some masking to make this fit.  I started by taping the stencil down onto some blue-green cardstock and I covered up the sentiment.  I spread the turquoise glitter paint onto the mermaid first, took the stencil off, and let it dry.  Then I placed the stencil where I wanted the sentiment and covered up the mermaid before spreading the glitter paint over the sentiment.  After that dried, I added the sequins.

That still wasn't sparkly enough for me, so I spread the same glitter paint over the edges of some white cardstock that was cut slightly larger than my mermaid panel.  After that dried, I glued my mermaid panel to the glittery cardstock and then glued that down to a white card.  

This Set You Free stencil can be purchased at A Colorful Life Designs, and you can use this code, HollyFan10, to save 10% off your order.  The turquoise glitter paint can be found at Technique Junkies and you can save 10% by using TJ10Holly when you check out.

No comments: