Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Stamp Two-Step Challenge




You guessed it - another challenge for VSN. I had such a blast this weekend! I actually stamped with a couple of my good friends, Chrissy and Danita. We would chat and stamp and laugh and stamp some more. We briefly stopped to have some supper, and then got right back into it last night.

I created this card for the Stamp Two-Step challenge. For this one, you were supposed to pick ONE image and use it for both the background and the main image. You could not use any other stamps except for a sentiment. That was it.

I chose this image from Toile Blossoms, stamped it with Cameo Coral ink onto Cameo Coral cardstock. After I cleaned off the Coral ink, I used Timber Brown Stazon ink to stamp the focal image onto Naturals Ivory cardstock. The watercolor crayons came out again (yup, I LOVE my crayons!!), then I sponged Close to Cocoa ink all around the edges.

I used the same sponge and ink to sponge all around both Cameo Coral layers, as well as the Garden Green card layer (the very bottom one - the actual card part). "Smile" is stamped with Close to Cocoa ink. The taupe grosgrain ribbon is just knotted and taped on the back. I was running out of time (watercoloring and sponging took up most of the 45 minute limit), and I wasn't able to do what I wanted to do. I was going to try distressing some of the layers, and I wanted to emboss the "Smile" - but I am happy with this.

What stamp would you pick to use for both a background AND a focal image on a card? I'd love to hear some of your ideas. Leave a comment and tell me what you think. I might even make a few more cards based on what image you tell me would look good.

2 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Wow! Holly!!! This is beautiful! Thanks for showing this - it is wonderful!

Joan Ervin said...

So, so pretty, Holly! Your colors are gorgeous and I love your coloring...such an elegant design!!