Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Pink Postage Birthday


Good morning!  Today I'm sharing a really fun card with y'all.  This was one of those experiments to see what would happen and how it would look, and it turned out even better than I expected.  I started by placing the new Around the World stencil from A Colorful Life Designs over some watercolor paper and I taped it down.  Then I spread some white texture paste over the whole thing, intentionally skipping areas for that grungy look.  After I carefully removed the stencil, I set this panel aside to dry.

Once the stenciled panel was completely dry, I misted it with water and then sprinkled some Infusions powders over it and misted it again.  It's mostly pink and purple, but I see pops of bright blue in there as well as some browns and blacks and deep magentas.  It's so fun, and you never get the same results twice.  I set this aside to dry and worked on stamping and cutting out the sentiment.  After the colored panel was dry (again), I die cut it with a postage stamp die, adhered it to a white layer, added the sentiment, and glued this to a black card base.  I also glued some Satin Matte Black Card Bling to the background.  I don't know if I can send this card to someone now because I love it so much!  LOL

Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, to save 10% off your entire order (excluding Master Creator Bundles) at A Colorful Life Designs.  The entire July release is so awesome, you'll want all of those fabulous stencils and the gorgeous Card Bling.  Have a fabulous day!





 

No comments: