Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Be Fearless


Good morning!  I played with some alcohol inks and created this card from one of my alcohol ink backgrounds.  The background was done by dropping various colors of alcohol inks and some rubbing alcohol onto some photo paper and then using a hand blower to move the drops of color in different directions.  After the inks were completely dry, I placed the gorgeous Corner Bloom stencil from A Colorful Life Designs over the photo paper and spread some Snowdrop White Paper Glaze (Picket Fence Studios) over it.  Once the glaze was dry, I added the white embossed sentiment (Picket Fence Studios) to the background panel and adhered the panel to a white card base.

I wasn't sure if this idea would actually work, so I'm really happy with how this turned out.  I love the bold colors in the background with the white stenciling just giving you little peeks of color between the flower petals.  I'm so glad that the paper glaze dried and remained a true white on the photo paper and the alcohol inks.  Give this fun technique a try - pull out those alcohol inks and make a bunch of backgrounds.  Then put some A Colorful Life Designs stencils over your backgrounds and watch the magic happen!  

Please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.   You can see this month's stencils HERE and there are hundreds of other stencils to choose from in the Categories section.  Have fun browsing around!



 

1 comment:

Misreal said...

What a beautiful card,and brilliant idea! I have never seen alcohol ink backgrounds used this way and I will definitely be trying it...thanks so much for sharing!!