Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Thanks Mom!



Hi friends!  I made a cute little thank you card to give to my mom and I thought I'd share it with you.

Are you wondering about that lacy flower? Let me tell you what products I used from the Classy Cards 'n Such store, and then I'll explain how I created that lacy flower. I used the following:

Vintage Blue 6x6 paper pad (Glitz)
Lady Kate edger die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Hugs & Kisses Sentiments stamp set (JustRite)
Ecru Delight lace
Whimsy Perfect Petals resin flowers
8.5" x 11" Double Sided Adhesive Sheet

My card is a 4.25" square card and I cut the patterned paper to 4" x 1.5" and adhered them to a dark blue cardstock layer, then adhered that to my vanilla card base. I added the Lady Kate Edger die cut (with vanilla cardstock) at the bottom of the card. I stamped the sentiment with dark blue ink, cut the fishtail notch with my scissors, and adhered it to the patterned paper.

For my flower, I cut a small piece (round or square, shape doesn't really matter) from the double sided adhesive sheet. I peeled the backing off from one side, and then stuck the Ecru Delight Lace onto the sticky side. Working slowly, I folded the lace and pressed it down onto the sticky piece, going around in a circle. When the lace started to overlap, I cut the end and tucked it down.

I cut another small piece of the double sided adhesive sheet and peeled the backing off one side, and then I pressed the sticky side down on top of the lace circle. Next, I removed the backing off the other side of the sticky tape and pressed the gorgeous dark blue Whimsy Perfect Petal flower into the center of the lace circle.

With my lacy flower completed, I peeled the backing off the sticky tape that was on the bottom of the lace and stuck this down on my card next to the sentiment. This turned out even cuter than I "saw" it in my head!!

Feel free to use this code, Holly-10, when you go shopping at Classy Cards 'n Such.  You can find all of the products I listed above as well as many other supplies for your crafting needs.  I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Bearly Mine #74 - Lace, Ribbon, Twine
Anything Challenge #86 - Vintage/Shabby Chic
Crafts4Eternity #112 - Very Vintage
Crafty Catz - Dies and Punches


9 comments:

Kylie said...

This is wonderful! A beautifully vintage card for your mum! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM! xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Holly
A beautiful card thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz and thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenges too
Hugs Dianne xx

Micki said...

I bet your mom is going to love this gorgeous card. Love the color theme and the edging adds such a beautiful accent. Simply gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Darlene said...

Just beautiful Holly! LOVE your choice of design papers ... perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘THANK YOU’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Cards By MI said...

A very lovely looking card. Great design. Thanks for playing with us over at the Bearly Mine challenges this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Guylaine Seyer said...

beautiful vintage card! I love the look clean and simple

Thank you for playing with us this week at Craft 4 Eternity

Cazro said...

A beautiful classic card, with classical designs. Thanks for sharing with us at ATS&M. Caz

Canonbury creations said...

Holly what a beautiful card, looks like vintage French wallpaper! Thanks for playing along at ATSM
Val x

Naomi Johnson said...

such an elegant card. Thanks for sharing it with us at crafty catz this week. Naomi x