Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Mexican Tile Frame with Fringed Flowers


Hi friends!  I've got a bright and funky card to share with you today. I used some new products from the Classy Cards 'n Such store along with some well loved stamps, dies, and bling.

Botanical Butterflies stamp set (JustRite)
Hugs & Kisses Sentiments stamp set (JustRite)
Mexican Tile Pattern frame die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Rose Leaf Strip die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Olive Branches die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Cutie Fringe II (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Silver Rhinestones

I cut the Mexican Tile frame first and then cut some white cardstock to fit the frame. I stamped the butterfly and the sentiment inside the frame and colored the butterfly with Copic markers. Next, I die cut some Rose Leaves and some Olive Branches and adhered them to opposite corners of my frame. I then die cut the fringe flowers from yellow and orange cardstock and followed the instructions for rolling them up.

To make the yellow flowers smaller than the orange one, I used scissors to give the fringe a trim around the edges. Once I got them to the size I wanted, I glued all the fringe flowers down onto the frame. The silver rhinestones fit perfectly inside the centers of the fringe flowers, so I used the handle of a small paintbrush to press the rhinestones down.

These new fringe flowers are the easiest ones I've ever tried to roll up. I just use a little quilling tool and just roll and go. It's easy to pull the petals down with your fingers and fluff them to make a perfect fringed flower.

Please feel free to use this code, Holly-10, when you shop at Classy Cards 'n Such.  You'll save 10% off your order, so fill up your shopping cart with paper pads, Cheery Lynn Designs dies, stamps, rhinestones, and more.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Cheery Lynn Designs #67  - Frame It
There She Goes #194 - Flowers
Tammy's Scrapin Corner #49 - Handmade Embellishments

6 comments:

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Gorgeous Holly!! I love the coloring of your image and the flowers are awesome!! I love how you have them arranged with the greenery. Great job!!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner!! Have a fantastic day!! Hope you see you again next week. Hugs, Gloria DT

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Tracy said...

Wow oh wow! Those flowers are incredible! The frame is the perfect background for them. Awesome project! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at TSG!

Lori said...

Love seeing those fringe flowers...wow do they really make your card pop. Thanks for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs Dies Challenge. Good Luck

Joann said...

Beautiful flowers and great use of colors. Thank you very much for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.
Hugs*
Joann

Tamara Morton said...

Wow what a stunning creation thank you for joining us at Cheery Lynn this week. Hugs
Tamara xx

Jodi said...

Oh my! this is just gorgeous!! love the color combo, and your flowers are fabulous!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs!