Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Pink Bling and Shabby Flowers Birthday Card



Howdy, folks! This card has some gorgeous pink bling swirls on it that contrast with the shabby crumpled flowers that I created. I hope you enjoy it!

I used a lot of products from the Classy Cards 'n Such store on this card:

Turkish Lace Doily with Angel Wing die set (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Build a Flower Set #2 die set (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Rose, Medium die strip (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Leaf Flourish Strip die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Labels 22 die set (Spellbinders)
Birthday Sentiments Set (JustRite)
The Lake House paper pad
Swirls - Pink Rhinestones

My card base is an A2 dark gray cardstock, and I added a layer of patterned paper from The Lake House paper pad. I then die cut the Turkish Lace Doily from dark gray cardstock and the matching Angel Wing from pale pink cardstock. I glued these down onto the patterned paper towards the left side and trimmed the excess. The birthday sentiment was stamped on white cardstock and cut with a circle die and adhered to a Labels 22 die shape cut from a dark berry cardstock. I glued this sentiment down in the center of the doily.

I cut out one of the pink swirls and pressed it down on my card, adhering the tail end to the bottom of my sentiment. The leaf flourishes were cut from olive cardstock and glued down below the sentiment and the pink swirl.

To make my flowers, I die cut the white ones from the Medium Rose strip and the pink one from the Build a Flower Set #2. I used some rhinestone brads to layer the white flowers together, spritzed them with some water, and then used my fingers to crush the leaves together. I repeated this with the pink flower petals and a larger rhinestone brad, except I sprayed these flower petals with a shimmery pearl spray. I let my flowers dry for an hour and then I glued them down onto my card. I love the contrast of the shabby, crushed flowers with the shiny pink rhinestone swirl.

To help you save money, please feel free to use this code, Holly-10, when you shop at Classy Cards 'n Such.  You'll save 10% off everything in your shopping cart, so load it up with dies, papers, bling, stamps, and more.  Have fun!

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Cheery Lynn Designs #69 - Die Cut Flowers
Creative Inspirations Paint - Anything Goes
Glitter 'n Sparkle #21 - Bling it On
Sentimental Sundays #143 - Flowers, Flowers, and More Flowers

Thanks for stopping by to view my artwork today!  Hope you have a wonderful week!

7 comments:

stampershirley said...

Now that is just beautiful ... I always check out your cards but get busy and neglect to tell you. Thanx so much for sharing your talent and creativity. Hugs, Sassy Shirley

Sheila said...

Beautiful flowers Holly, thanks for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Jodi said...

THis is stunning!! The Turkish Lace Doily looks sensational!! Thanks for playing along at Cheery Lynn Designs!

Tracey said...

Wonderful card, so elegant :)
Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays & Good Luck!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

sam said...

Such a wonderful card xx Thank you for joining us this week at glitterandsparkle Sam DT xx

Joann said...

I love your card and your flowers are beautiful. Thank you very much for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.
Hugs*
Joann

DIANA L. said...

This is so Beautiful I love all your coloring and the leaves are so nice I need to check out those dies.
Thank you for joining us at Creative inspiration paints.
CI design team member
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com