Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Trellis Window card with Butterflies


These butterflies from Class Act (the Chapel Road line) were just begging to be used with some flowers, so I created this Trellis Window card. I had seen this great trellis technique over in the Technique Junkies yahoo group, and I knew it would be perfect with these butterflies.

I morphed the technique a wee bit by starting with a die cut card from Creative Cuts and More. I built the trellis according to the tutorial from Technique Junkies, and then added leaves and flowers to the left side. The butterflies from Class Act were stamped with cocoa ink and then fussy cut. I stamped the sentiment, also from Class Act, directly on the card with the same cocoa ink.

Check out the great stamps in the Class Act store. The butterflies are simply gorgeous, and I'm looking forward to stamping with more of the Chapel Road stamps every week. There will be a new challenge on the Class Act blog next Friday, so be sure to go check it out next week. You could win free stamps!



Stamps: Butterfly Square and Butterfly Angle from Class Act, Inc (Chapel Road division)
Die Cut: Filigree Rectangle Window Square Scallop Card - use code CC&M10Holly to save 10% off your order
Ink: Close to Cocoa
CS: pink, white, moss
Other: Martha Stewart leaf and flower punches, pink rhinestones (Kaiser)
TJ Technique: Trellis Window

1 comment:

Vada said...

Holly, I'm so glad I checked in tonight, this is so beautiful.
Love this look and I think I might have to case it when I get back.
Love it. From Vada in Texas.