Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Heart Song Designs - NEW RELEASE (March 6, 2011)

Happy Sunday! You're going to love today's new releases from Heart Song Designs! Leah has created two new flower digis. The first one is the innovative Bloom Trimmers One:


Leah designed this so that each element could be cut out and arranged in multiple ways. This is going to be such a fun set to play with - think of all the different possibilities with this - coloring, paper piecing, mixing and matching, and in any size you want.

The second digi is this Lovely Tulips image. I swooned when I saw this, and immediately printed it out:



I wanted this Lovely Tulip in red colors so it would match the background paper. This flower digi is so easy to color and it's absolutely gorgeous.


See what I mean about swooning? I used the Pencilled Twinks technique to color in this image, and then I cut it out with an oval die. The paper was too white and I wanted it to blend in with the cream tones in the background paper, so I sponged some Antique Linen distress ink all around the flower and the sentiment.

Here is a close-up so you can see the gorgeous shimmer:


Check out what the other DT ladies have created with these two fabulous new digis from Heart Song Designs:

Leah (owner) - Paper Blossoms
Shelly - Shell's Space


Stamps: Lovely Tulip (Heart Song Designs), Birthday Basics (PTI)
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Antique Linen distress
CS: Chocolate, White, Stella Rose patterned paper (My Mind's Eye)
Creative Inspirations Paint: Rustic Red, Green Olive
Other: oval dies (Spellbinders, watercolor pencils, water brush, sponge, May Arts ribbon and lace, pearls (Kaiser)
TJ Techniques: Pencilled Twinks, Wisped Frames

4 comments:

Dawnll said...

love the shine on this beautiful image!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Beautiful card, Holly. That image is so beautifully colored and perfectly paired with the dp and lace trim. Great job!

Sarah said...

Those tulips are gorgeous! What is the TJT Technique, if you don't mind me asking. Thanks

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

And may I add that to my original comment that it is even more beautiful in person! Thanks for thinking of little ol' me!