Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Week 1 with Gingersnap Creations

Good morning! This is my first post as a Visiting Artist with Gingersnap Creations, and I'm sharing my Theme Challenge creation with you today. The theme is "Kings and Queens" and as soon as I read this, I knew I was going to use this sweet Queen of Hearts bear from I Brake for Stamps.


For the month of February, the Gingersnap Creations DT is focusing on adding shimmer and sparkle to their art for each of the weekly challenges. With that in mind, I pulled out my Creative Inspirations Paints which are creamy, shimmery, colorful paints. I added some paint to the chipboard hearts as well as to the accessories that the Queen is wearing. I wanted a wee bit more shimmer on my card, so I sponged more of the shimmery paint on the pink designer paper background. Can you see the shimmer in the picture below?



Would you like to play along with the Gingersnap Creations challenge? Create something that fits the Kings and Queens theme challenge, add some sparkle, and enter it into the challenge over on the Gingersnap Creations blog. Come on back next Wednesday to see what I've created for the second challenge this month. :-)


Stamps: Valentine Queen Bear from I Brake for Stamps - use code SAVE10HOLLY to save 10% off your order
Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento
CS: Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Crazy Love dp (Bo Bunny)
Creative Inspirations Paint: Pink Highlights, Tutu Pink, Blush, Chocolate
Other: Copic markers, Maya Road chipboard hearts, sponge, May Arts suede ivory ribbon

9 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh I love that heart and sparkle on this card! CUTE!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Wooo hooo Holly! So happy to have you join us at Gingersnap Creations! Adorable card, what a cutie!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Darling Holly!! Love all the pink, the heart and the sparkle!

Maria Matter said...

totally adorable!

Congrats on being chosen as a Visiting Artist Holly!
hugs & blessings!

Joan Ervin said...

WOW!!! Congrats on being chosen as a Visiting Artist, Holly....your little bear is adorable and the shimmery heart is the perfect detail!!!!

Stampvanwinkle said...

So sweet Holly.

Anonymous said...

Love your queen bear! She's so pretty! Love all the shimmer on your card too! What wonderful sparkle!

Thanks so much for being a Visiting Artist on GC!

amish bed frame said...

This is really nice and beautiful! I like the color! So feminine!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a lovely little kingö