Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Polka Dot Mother's Day



After a hard day of working in the garden, drying some dill weed, and planting a tree, I headed to my studio to create some much needed cards for family members. May is a crazy month with 5 birthdays, 2 anniversaries, and Mother's Day. I have one Mother's Day card done - yay!

I stamped the Large Polka Dot backgrounder (from Cornish Heritage Farms) with Rose Red ink onto Whisper White cardstock. The sentiment, from Cornish Heritage Farms, is from the Mother's Day Centers stamp set. I stamped that with Versafine Onyx Black onto Whisper White cardstock, let it dry, and punched it out.

The leaves are punched from some packaging that I just couldn't throw away. I love the color, and there is a very small abstract pattern on there as well. The big flower is something I picked up on clearance at Walmart about a year ago.

You think Mom will like this? :-)


Stamps: Large Polka Dot backgrounder, Mother's Day Centers (all from Cornish Heritage Farms)
Ink: Rose Red, Versafine Onyx Black
CS: Whisper White, Rose Red, Basic Black
Other: Martha Stewart leaf punches, scallop circle punch (SU), 1 3/8" circle punch (SU), silk flower (Walmart)

2 comments:

Girl can Knit - Cherry Lane Knit Stamp Quilt said...

Cute card. Love the polka dots! I also like the way the leaves make your eye flow around the card! Great use of color too!

Kelli Waters said...

Very nice. I love the colors. I bet Mom will love it too!