Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Simply Said


In the latest issue of Stamp It magazine (which I stole from Mom - shhhhhhh....... I'll give it back to her.........someday........), there is a card by Debbie Seyer that really inspired me. Mine is very different - different colors, different stamps, and no ribbon on mine.

The colors are Vanilla, Sahara Sand, Baja Breeze, and Chocolate Chip. I used a combination of die cuts from the Birds and Blooms sizzlit (from Stampin Up) and some felt flowers (also from Stampin Up) to surround the Top Note die shape. Instead of stamping a bunch of flowers, I kept it very simple and just stamped this sentiment from the Simply Said stamp set.

I'm in love with this birdie! The wings really give it a 3D effect and it's so perfect for spring-time. It just makes me smile to look at it. :-)

All supplies from Stampin Up:
Stamps: Simply Said
Ink: Chocolate Chip
CS: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Vanilla, Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip dsp (behind the Top Note shape)
Other: Birds and Blooms sizzlit die, Felt Fusion Too, silver brads, cropadile (punched small circles for center of flowers), dimensionals, Top Note die

3 comments:

Maria Matter said...

This is gorgeous Holly!
I love the colors and all the flowers, but the 3D birdie is the best! Wow!
Enjoy your day!
Blessings, Maria

Shelly Koskinen said...

This is such a great idea! Your card is beautiful!

Christi Flores said...

I LOVE that color combo! Beautiful!!