Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Coral Flowers



This is a "just because" card. I was just playing around with the 5-petal flower punch from Stampin Up and the sprig of leaves (from the Stampin Up Little Leaves sizzlit die cut) and somehow ended up with this card. LOL

Everything on this card is from Stampin Up. You may be looking at the ribbon and thinking, no.......... that's not Stampin Up........... But it is! :-) I bought the new 5/8" white satin ribbon from the new Occasions mini catalog, and simply sponged it with Cameo Coral ink to get it to coordinate with my card. How cool is that? You can have any color of ribbon you want - just sponge the color onto this Whisper White satin ribbon. It takes the ink so beautifully!

For the flowers, I did a little trick that I showed you last year on my blog. I punched out the flowers, and then went back over the petals with a pair of scissors and notched out each of the tips. I love how this gives the flowers such a different look.

On the white diamond panels in the background, I stamped them with the large collage stamp from Fresh Cuts. Then I simply layered the die cut leaves and punched out flowers on top. It's a fun and bright and summer-y kind of card, isn't it? :-)

Stamps: Fresh Cuts, Heard from the Heart
Ink: Cameo Coral, Tempting Turquoise
CS: Cameo Coral, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss
Other: Little Leaves sizzlit die, 5-petal flower punch, sponge, 5/8" Whisper White satin ribbon, Fresh Favorites I buttons

2 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Love the colors on this - LOVELY CARD!

Christi Flores said...

Beautiful!!