Pages

Monday, September 8, 2008

Where to find Shimmerz

Several people have asked me where to find the Shimmerz paints. Here is where I bought mine:

Jacksonbelle Embellishments

You can also look at the Shimmerz blog for more ideas. Keep in mind, these are little pots of paint, so you will need a paintbrush to apply the paint with. You probably "could" use your finger if you are in a hurry, LOL! The colors are yummy, and I love the shimmer. I only bought a few colors for now, but I would love to have ALL of them. :-)

The color I used on my card HERE is called Angel Wings. It doesn't really have a color. In the pot, it looks white, but it really goes on more as a clear shimmery glittery color. I'll have to play with the other colors to see how they look.

One thing to note - if you are painting this Shimmerz over a colored image, be aware that some things will run. If you color with dye-based reinkers/inkpads, these colors will most definitely run. If you color with Copics or Prismas, these will be fine - no running nor smearing.

In the card I mentioned before, I had used Ranger Distress inks, which are dye based. I had sponged Broken China along the snowdrifts, and then colored on top with the Shimmerz. The blue ink did actually start smearing and running a little bit, but it was okay for this particular card. I just wanted to let y'all know before you start coloring and ruining your project(s) and yelling at me. Hee hee hee!

That said - check out the sites I posted above and have fun looking at all the colors! Let me know which ones you pick! :-) (BTW - Lindsey from Jacksonbelle said she has more Angel Wings on order - I told her to stock up!! LOL)

No comments: