Saturday, April 25, 2009
Rubbernecker Challenge #8 - chipboard and buttons
This week's Rubbernecker challenge is to use chipboard or buttons on a card. I decided to use both here. Let me start off with a little disclaimer, though.
It has been very hard for me to get back into stamping again without my sweet Queenie baby keeping me company in my doorway. She was always right there every time I was working in my studio, and I would sometimes take breaks and get down there with her and talk to her and rub her thick yellow fur. When working on my card for last week's Rubbernecker challenge, it was a rude awakening that Queenie baby was no longer there. I miss my sweet Queenie so much.
It was a week before I could even think about touching any stamps or papers or inkpads. And thus, it has taken me three days to finish this card, which is totally out of sync with my normal stamping style. Doesn't this card look totally different? It's not a "Holly" card, as my mom would say.
Now on to the deets for this card.
I picked out the round swirly flourish from a package of Tim Holtz grungeboard and covered it with Antiqued Bronze distress crackle paint. (Yes, I LOVE my crackle paints!!) After it finally dried, I sponged some Dusty Concord distress ink into the cracks and buffed it off.
Meanwhile, while I waited for the paint to dry, I cut into my precious stack of Scrapperdashery papers that I bought from Rubbernecker. This particular GORGEOUS paper is Rudyard Kipling's "IF" paper. It comes with all these variations of color and the hint of writing on there. I stamped the new floral background from Rubbernecker onto this sheet with Versamark and poured Irridescent Ice embossing powder on and heat set it. That's why it's a little bit glittery - I just had to have those pretty flowers and sparkles on there.
To finish off this card, I punched out some butterflies, sponged So Saffron ink (Stampin Up) and Dusty Concord distress ink (Ranger) in different patterns. On two of the butterflies, I inked up the same floral background (Rubbernecker) with the Dusty Concord distress ink and pressed the butterflies into the stamp. The other butterfly has some Spiced Marmalade distress stickles where the body is.
Look closely at the little tag. I stamped that same floral background with So Saffron ink onto Saffron cardstock and glued it to the back of the tag. The sentiment (from Cornish Heritage Farms) is stamped on the front with Royal Purple Stazon ink.
Because the challenge was to use chipboard or buttons, I wanted to at least have one button on there, but it just didn't look right. So I used three different buttons, but broke them up across the card.
I hope you enjoy this eye candy. Enjoy your weekend!
Posted by Holly at 8:22 PM