Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Noel Poinsettia


Good morning, friends!  I'm popping in with one more Christmas card this week.  This is actually a very easy card to create, but it takes a LOT of time to dry.  It took about 8 hours or more for this one to dry.

I misted a piece of watercolor paper with some water and then sprinkled some Infusions watercolor powders (Frankly Scarlet and Emerald Isle) all over it.  I misted it with some more water just to get the powder wet and allow the colors to blend together.  I placed the beautiful Single Poinsettia stencil from A Colorful Life Designs over this watercolor panel, pressing it down into the wet colors.  Then I left it alone for 8 to 10 hours so it could dry completely.  When I removed the stencil, this is what appeared.  It's so magical!

I added some black pearls to the center and the die cut sentiment (Honey Bee Stamps) to complete this card.  I love how this looks and I can't wait to make some more panels like this with other stencils in my stash.

If you don't have this Single Poinsettia stencil yet, head on over to A Colorful Life Designs to go shopping.  Be sure to use this code, HollyFan10, when you check out.  You'll get 10% off your entire order.  Happy Shopping!


 

No comments: