Pages

Friday, December 3, 2021

Beauty of Christmas Flowers


Good morning!  Can you believe it's December already?  I'm popping in with this richly colored Christmas card that I created with the Christmas Flowers stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.  This is one of my favorite stencils, and I couldn't resist playing with it this week.  To create my deep berry-colored background, I sprinkled some watercolor powders (Infusions) onto some watercolor paper and then misted it with water.  I placed the Christmas Flowers stencil on top and left it there until the whole thing was completely dry, which took a good 8 hours or so.  

You don't want to use a heat tool to speed up the drying because it could melt your stencil.  It's best to just leave it alone to air dry.  It's always fun to peel off the stencil and reveal the background.  You never know what it will look like until it is completely dry, and no two pieces are ever the same.  For this card, I used Blackcurrant and Violetta Infusions powders to achieve that gorgeous purple-red-pink coloring.

I love how this almost has a stained glass look to it.  Isn't that just perfect for a Christmas card?  If you'd like to pick up this Christmas Flowers stencil, please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, when you check out at A Colorful Life Designs.  You will save 10% off your entire order.  Have a wonderful day!





 

No comments: