Pages

Friday, January 29, 2021

Rose Bud Hello - Beyond the Blue challenge

 


I just found out that my sweet friend Lee Murphy and her sidekicks have created a fun new challenge blog called Beyond the Blue.  We are all fellow groupies of a famous stamper named Lydia, and this new blog will follow Lydia's videos and challenge us to create projects based on the techniques shown in those videos.  My card above is my entry for their very first challenge - Gel Press Printing with Dye Reinkers.

I pulled out some very old Memento reinkers - Dandelion, Tangelo, and Rose Bud, along with a Versamark reinker.  I combined each color with a drop or two of Versamark and proceeded with the technique as shown in the video.  I used the fun Happy Dots stencil from A Colorful Life Designs (use code HollyFan10) and shifted the stencil on my paper with each new color.  The addition of the Versamark reinker really helps the dye ink cling to the gel press and it also deepens the color of your reinker.  

I do not have a Rose Bud ink pad, so I cut a piece of ink pad foam from Ranger and squirted some of the Rose Bud reinker onto that and then inked up my sentiment stamp.  To create the pink mats underneath the sentiment and the colorful dots, I rubbed my hand-made ink "pad" over some white cardstock.  It's a quick way to match your cardstock to your inks.  :-)

Go check out the new Beyond the Blue challenge blog and play along with us!  It's going to be a fun ride!

2 comments:

Essie said...

Holly, love ❤️ This card—and wow you jumped on the technique and knocked it out of the park!! Thanks for joining in the fun!

Jen said...

Holly, I love the bright colors you used and your technique was spot on. Thank you for playing along with our challenge this week.
Hugs,
Jen