Pages

Monday, September 21, 2020

Bricks and Leaves


 Hi folks!  I'm sharing this fun bricks and leaves card with you today.  Can you guess how many stencils from A Colorful Life Designs I used on this card?

Hold on to your stamps - I used six different stencils on this card.  I also used one die for the "thanks" sentiment.  That's it.  No stamps on this card at all!  The stencils I used are:

  
I started by brushing some gray ink over the Brick Wall stencil onto some rustic white cardstock.  Then I picked out some colors of papers that I thought would be fun and brushed various inks over the three leaf stencils.  Below you can see I brushed some green ink over the round leaf in the Leaf Set 2 stencil.  


The next step was to cut out the leaves.  The stenciling defined the edges of the leaves so it was easy to cut them out.


On the green leaf as well as the yellow leaf, I decided to add a little extra interest.  On the yellow leaf, I brushed some kraft ink over the Grunge Dots stencil onto the leaf.  On this green leaf, I used a darker green ink and brushed it over the Sprigs stencil onto the leaf.


After my leaves were done, I arranged them on my brick wall and added the die cut sentiment.  This is a fun card to play with as you can change up the leaves and the colors and the patterns.   What colors would you choose? 

If you'd like to save a little money, you can use this code, HollyFan10, when you shop at A Colorful Life Designs.  This code will save you 10% off your entire order.  What stencils are on your wish list now?



No comments: