Pages

Monday, June 22, 2020

Green Shadow Hello


Today's card came about as part of an experiment I was doing with the new 6 Square Shadow stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.  I placed the stencil on some pale green paper and brushed a slightly darker green ink over the stencil.  I didn't want a solid color for each of the squares.  Instead, I wanted to try to get a variation of dark, medium, and light green ink into the squares.  I love how the squares almost look like they are watercolored or airbrushed.

I added the die cut flowers and the sentiment, both cut from kraft cardstock.  Then I looked around for some kind of embellishment, but nothing seemed to work.  Sequins?  No.  Ribbon?  No.  Pearls?  No.  Finally I came across my old stash of dew drops.  Remember those??  I used a mix of clear, light green, and dark green dew drops and adhered them randomly all over the card.

A Colorful Life Designs has a ton of new stencils in the shop, including this great new 6 Square Shadow stencil.  To help you save a little money, please feel free to use this code, HollyFan10, when you check out.  Have a wonderful week!

No comments: