Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Wishing You Joy


Good morning!  I'm back with another stenciled Christmas card to share with you today.  This time I've used the beautiful Poinsettia Bling stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.  Isn't that gorgeous?  I stenciled it with a dark red ink onto the dark red paper, but I wanted a little extra oomph.  So I pulled out my iridescent medium and a sponge and very lightly sponged over the inked areas on the stencil.  You can see the shimmer in the close up picture below.  


Once the shimmery medium dried, I wanted some pearls on the little dots, so I used Antique Rose Nuvo Crystal Drops for that 3D effect.  For the sentiment, I looked through all my Christmas stamps and I found this swirly sentiment that echoed the beautiful swirls in the stencil (Snowflake Serenade set from Papertrey Ink).  I stamped it with the same dark red ink and then I dabbed the iridescent medium over the stamp while it was in the MISTI and went over the sentiment again.  It's so shimmery and festive!

Head on over to A Colorful Life Designs to grab this Poinsettia Bling stencil.  You can whip out a bunch of Christmas cards in no time!  Be sure to use this code, HollyFan10, to save 10%.  Enjoy!


No comments: