Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Balloons and Clouds


Did you see this week's challenge on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog? It's so fun to create scenic views, and I tried something new with mine today.

I started with a light blue card base and the Modern Cloud Cover Stencil, and I stenciled some Pearlescent Embossing Paste with a Palette Knife over the stencil. I carefully removed the stencil and let this piece dry for several hours.

Next, I cut some fun hot air balloons using the Beautiful Balloon die and some papers from the Secret Garden 6x6 paper pad. These balloons were adhered with some Joy Foam Pads, and I curled up the edges of the balloons for extra dimension. Last, I stamped the sentiment from the Hello Daisy set (JustRite).

It was fun to combine stencils, die cuts, and stamping to make this "sky" themed card. I hope you join in our challenge and show us what kind of scenes you create!  Please feel free to use this code, Holly-10, when you shop at Classy Cards 'n Such.  You'll save 10% off your entire order.  Have fun!

No comments: