Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Washi Glitter Hello



Hi!  I pulled out some glitter and some washi tape and played around with those today. I came up with this fun card to share with you.  I love these two washi tapes and I wanted to find a way to use them together on a card. Since they both have green in them, I thought green glitter could be the unifying element. So I gave it a shot, and this is what happened.

I adhered a strip of the Aqua Antique Floral Washi Tape at a diagonal on white cardstock. Then I laid down a strip of the 1/4" Scor-Tape above and below the Aqua tape. A strip of the Antique Floral Washi Tape (pink and white) was adhered above the Scor-Tape. I then laid down another strip of the 1/4" Scor-Tape above the pink & white washi tape, and then repeated with the Aqua tape and another strip of 1/4" Scor-Tape.

I carefully trimmed off the excess edges of the tapes and then set my piece down on some scratch paper. I peeled the liners off all the Scor-Tape strips, and then I covered them with Peeled Paint Distress Glitter. I used the Glitter Roll technique (6/11 issue) from Technique Junkies to make sure all the glitter was well-adhered, and then I shook off the excess.

I glued this piece down onto a green card base. I used the same green cardstock to cut out the Hello die cut (Cheery Lynn Designs), and then I adhered the "Hello" to the bottom of the glittery background piece. I thought about leaving this card alone at this point, but it just seemed to be screaming for a 3D flower. I cut out the Olive Branches (Cheery Lynn Designs) and glued them down on the left side, and then I cut out the Sweet Williams Strip and used the tiny tweezers from the Paper Blossoms Tool Kit to curl up the flower petals. I used a rhinestone brad to adhere the flowers together and then I glued the flower down over the Olive Branches.

I love how the washi tape looks with the glitter in between them. It's so much fun to use glitter and the Scor Tape - so much easier than messing with liquid glue!! :-)  You can order these supplies and much more from Classy Cards 'n Such.  Use this code, Holly-10, to save 10% off your order.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

Party Time Tuesdays #157 - Anything Goes
Twisted Tuesday #68 - Gimme a T A P E - I used two washi tapes and Peeled Paint distress glitter on Tape strips and Tweezers on the flower
Whoopsi Daisy - Bring on the Bling and Sparkle

5 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This card turned out beautifully. The washi tape is the prettiest I've seen.

CraftingMum said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy.
Louise x

Love crafts forever said...

OMG! I just love your card. It's so unique and sparkly.
Thanks for entering at Whoopsi Daisy challenge this week.
DT Nataliya

Majo said...

An amazing card, love your "glitzer"! Thanks for playing along at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

Lynne said...

Fabulous card!! Love the glitter/washi stripes!! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!!